In my previous post, I wrote about default password for Netgear devices. In this post, I am going to walk you through the configuration procedure of the latest WNDR4500 Wireless N900 Dual-Band router. It’s an excellent device for wireless home network setup, fast Internet access over a DSL line, guest network setup, and USB storage among other things. Check the steps given below and configure your Netgear WNDR4500 router: (See Also Netgear router support)
1. Before you begin, make sure that you have your ISP’s login details viz. username and password to connect to the Internet on your Netgear router. Also keep the router’s username and password handy. You will find it on the Netgear router setup documentation or the bottom of the router.
2. Connect your router to your DSL modem and to the computer using Ethernet cables. Refer to the Netgear documentation if you need assistance making the connection. When connected, turn on your Netgear router, computer, and the modem and wait till they boot up.
3. When done, insert the Netgear installation disk and follow the on-screen instructions (self-explanatory). Since you are setting up your router for the first time, you might Network Genie, an auto assistant to help you perform the setup and various other features.
4. It’ll take about 15 minutes or so to complete the installation. Once you have completed the setup and connected to the Internet, your router check for all the latest, available updates. Wait while all the updates are duly installed.
5. When done, reboot your router and other devices and connect to the wireless network or set up guest network etc. If you immediately want to configure your settings without the installation disk, open your web browser and type ‘192.168.0.1’ in the address bar and hit Enter.6. When prompted, enter your router’s default login details and click OK or Submit whichever you see on the screen to proceed. Now configure your settings as desired. You can set up a custom password, wireless network or miscellaneous settings for your home network. (See Also how to configure Linksys E1200 Wireless router)