Kindle Fire is a pretty good tablet from Amazon that can not only compete with but also outdo iPad or any other tablet in terms of design, apps, features and appearance etc. Wi-Fi connectivity is one of those features that Kindle Fire offers to help you connect to your Wi-Fi router and go wireless on it also. In this post, I am going to discuss how you can connect your Kindle Fire tablet to your Netgear wireless router and enjoy best of both the worlds. Check the steps below:
- Turn on your Netgear wireless router. Connect to your wireless network on your computer to make sure that it’s working.
- Now fire up your Kindle Fire. When Kindle Fire is booted up, tap Quick Settings on the Home screen. Tap Wi-Fi and then turn on the Wireless Networking option if it is off.
- You will now see a list of the available wireless networks. Select your wireless network name (SSID) from the list and tap the Connect button.
- If you have password-protected your wireless network, you will be prompted for a password or security key. Enter it and then proceed. That’s and you will be connected to your wireless network.
- If you are also prompted for login details viz. username and password, enter them and then proceed. The login details must be of your ISP or your wireless network admin.
- If you cannot get through the login screen, contact Amazon or Netgear router support for that matter.
- Now you can enjoy your wireless connection for streaming or sharing movies, videos, music, files etc. to and from your laptop.
***You can also find here solution for your Netgear wireless router problems.